Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 129, 130, 131

Friday 10/21
Today I am grateful for having a stellar education. After visiting an academic event at a university, I realized how strong my graduate education was. It was without peer, and being around faulty normalizing arguments made me appreciate the sound and ethical nature of my education. I am glad to be well-trained.


Saturday 10/22

Today I am grateful for the discovery of Downton Abbey! This show is incredible - sharply observed commentary on the decline of the class system in pre-WW1 England.

Sunday 10/23


Bahman Jalali, Image of Imagination, 2003

I'm grateful for the opportunity to see an exhibition of contemporary Iranian photography today, called Persian Visions/Headbang, put on at CalPoly Pomona. One of my favorites was Sadegh Tirafkan's Persepolis, an installation of video and photography.




No comments:

Post a Comment