Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 128: Chinatown

This is starting to feel dishonest. I'm not sure how to keep posting things I'm grateful for, and when the point is to increase the gratitude and contentment I am feeling in my life, when I get to the end of the day and think, Great - now I have to post something. What can I post? This gratitude has become a chore, given the place I am in emotionally. It is not a good place. I hope you are never here.

I will keep posting because a) I said I would, and my word is my bond and b) I have this insane hope that the blog will work again, like it did when I first started posting, and c) I think it might be doing me good even if that good is invisible to me right now.

Each day this week, save Monday, I've arranged one thing per day to look forward to: Tuesday was the talk at the Hammer, Wednesday was my haircut, and today was getting some new clothes I ordered in the mail and having a first session with a new counselor. Yay Therapy Thursdays! The tradition continues. Let's just say, my new clothes fit very well (the counselor less so), and I'm excited to wear a new shirt to work tomorrow. It's been tough coming up with a professional wardrobe after being in grad school and then working at a nonprofit - I'm more than 3 years away from dressing like a professional anymore. So I'm glad to gain a few new pieces.



I also curled up with the movie Chinatown tonight - I'd never seen it. Wow - seeing LA in the late 30s (or, depicted that way circa 74) was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment