Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 117: Kingly Speech

Tardy for Sunday, October 9

I was a bit bad last night and I stayed up late to watch The King's Speech after having Alex & Stephen over for dinner (instead of doing my daily gratitude in a timely fashion).

I really enjoyed the film, not only because Colin Firth is easy on the eyes as well as massively talented, but for the main message of the film. The main message is that we have to overcome our fear, our past, our demons, and own ourselves proudly to become great. We have to find our own voice.

I can get behind that.

I am also grateful to have shared a lovely - and fairly delicious, if I do say so myself (after having cooked it) - meal with my dear friends Alex & Stephen, for dining al fresco under fairy lights in my backyard, for dulce de leche cheesecake for dessert, and that gorgeous laughter and intimacy of deep friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment