Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 120: Hamoun - & the world beyond!



حامون

The film Hamoun begins with the words, "I am at the seaside, with known and unknown people."

Thus begins an Iranian film from 1990 about a graduate student who is trying to understand where his partnership went awry. His wife leaves him. And he doesn't understand. I get where you're at, Hamoun.

Bad news, Mom, I am developing a serious thing for Iran. I don't know why I can't ever get obsessed with places you'd be ok with me visiting. First it was the photography and the art. Now the cinema. And I'm looking into Farsi classes...

I am grateful that the world is so large and beautiful and wonderful and hidden and open ...and there is more to discover, always. For that, I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment