Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 122, 123 & 124

for Friday October 14, Saturday the 15, & Sunday the 16, 2011

As you might be able to tell from the lagging nature of my posting, I'm having a gratitude issue lately. For this I apologize, but I am really struggling. I am working hard, but not finding a lot of traction - in anything - and it's exceptionally frustrating and demotivating. This is when I need hope and gratitude the most, so I'll keep slogging through and wait for my heart to catch up with my head.

Friday 10/14
I'm thankful for food, and finding creative uses for it before it spoils! It's tough to cook for one, and I'm grateful for the stretch in creativity.

Saturday 10/15
Today my good friend Vernon took me to LACMA, on a behind-the-scenes tour for special donors of the installation of a new Michael Heizer sculpture, the Levitating Mass. LACMA CEO & Dia: Beacon founder Michael Govan led the tour, which was pretty exciting for me. It was great to see how the sculpture will be installed and put together, and to hear the backstory of how art pieces are created and constructed; I was grateful to be included.










Sunday 10/16
I'm grateful for a taste of home, discovered this weekend in Silverlake.

No comments:

Post a Comment