Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 119: Just another day on the lot...

OH MY GOD. What happened today?

I'm trying to share pictures with you, but basically all hell broke loose at work. We were delivering a half-day seminar at Sony Pictures Entertainment, and I was meant to be there at noon. I arrived early, found the Rita Hayworth room (next to the Cary Grant Theater) but as soon as I got there, realized I had forgotten a flash drive with some information saved for my boss, who was leaving the seminar to travel directly to Texas. Once she arrived, we spoke with our Sony counterpart, who confirmed she had also neglected to print the handouts and materials for the afternoon session. So she ran off to the printer, and I ran back to my house (luckily Sony is in Culver City and 10 minutes from my apartment) for the flash drive. It was quite the stressful afternoon.

I have a picture of the lot for you, but true to the spirit of this day, I can't get it off my phone and onto my email. So...it's just a teaser for now.

When I finally got home (late), I had to work on a very important project with a looming deadline. I made myself dinner and ate at the computer...until 11:45pm, when I finished.

I am thankful for opportunities, for the chance to stretch myself, and that days like today pass. All things pass. I meditated tonight on that - about beginnings, and endings (also the theme of our seminar, which is basically teaching remedial English literature to executives who need to be reminded that stories have beginnings, middles & ends and there should be a conflict to get your audience excited). The more I meditated, the more I realized, yes, this is a cycle. Things come, things go; hard times come, hard times go; happiness comes, happiness goes. I just need to accept the flow, and stop trying to make it other than what it is.

Part of me - the New Yorker part - looks at the paragraph above and thinks, "Well there's your California Zen for the day." And the West Coast girl in me says, "Yes! New York, let it out...come home, be one with it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment