Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 98 & 99

So much for the tardy posts, eh...

Day 98
Tuesday, September 20


I'm so grateful for my last day of freedom! I went to an orientation for my new job, had lunch, and got to spend a lovely afternoon relaxing before heading down to a yacht club in Redondo Beach.

Also, I unpacked Steinbeck's East of Eden and started reading it. This book was a leftover from my East Village apartment - the previous tenant left it, I of course co-opted it, but hadn't gotten around to reading it in 3 years. I started reading this story of California (and so many other things) and it has been hard to put down!

I am grateful for so many opportunities, for little moments and stolen pleasures, and for new discoveries (to me) that have been in front of me for so long. It's a bit of a reminder of the importance of always looking with fresh eyes.


Day 99
Wednesday, September 21


I'm thankful for my friend Berna reminding me to be patient. Life will never be ideal, but it's pretty good; just because everything in my life isn't fixed overnight doesn't mean that it will remain broken forever, or that the fix isn't on the way. I need to remember my learning from this whole journey, that things take their own sweet time to get right.

I'm also thankful for my friend Aubrey, who celebrates her birthday and her life today.

And finally, but certainly not least, I am grateful for the news that my belongings will be delivered on Saturday. At last, my bed & bookcases & bike! Of course, I must point out, as with most things on this westward journey, I was worried because my delivery window coincided with my start date in my new role. And yet, things worked out, without me having to push them. Perhaps the most important learning for me is: whoaaaaa. S.l.o.w. d.o.w.n.

No comments:

Post a Comment