Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 103: Rest in peace, Dan



Today I'm thankful for lots of things, like sunny "fall" days here in Los Angeles when I get to brunch at Alcove with my bff, Alex. PS - brunch was amazing too!

Then I got to catch up with my friend Lucas, who is one of my oldest friends.

AND I got to visit with Maegan and friends at her end-of-summer picnic.


On a more serious note, I unfortunately learned this morning that one of my fellow SU alums passed away in a tragic car accident. Dan Strickland was a great person - brilliant and talented, a junior professor at UCSC after finishing graduate work at Stanford. I am deeply saddened to hear of his passing, and tremendously inspired by the outpouring of love and support I have witnessed. Dan's Facebook wall is covered with pictures and comments from his friends about how he positively impacted their lives, and how much he will be missed. How short and unpredictable are our lives, and how must we make every second count. I am grateful to know people like Dan, who leave the world a better place than they found it (and always with a smile on his face, never complaining!). Rest in peace, Dan; know that you lived your life well. You are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment