Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 106: Going Left

More glorious LA graffiti/street art, seen today (on Highland between Willoughby & Melrose):

"If nothing is going right, go left."

I am thankful for new eyes. I promised a dear friend today that I'd start flipping the car around and taking pictures of these, so you can see what my eyes see.

I'm also incredibly grateful for openings, possibilities...it's a secret now, more soon (inshallah).

I am also thankful for a peaceful hike up by the Griffith Observatory after work; it was an overcast day and the earth smelled damp and sweet. All of LA was spread out below me, but hidden in fog (smog?). It seemed apt: I know there is something amazing and wonderful and new and waiting to be discovered right in front of me, but all I can glimpse is the edges. I have to bravely take a few steps into the unknown before the rest of the path lays itself before my feet - and be still in my heart so I can hear my heart to know that that is the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment