Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 104 & 105

Monday, September 26

Today was a hard one. It was the first day in the office at my new job, and I got a parking ticket while at dinner with a former colleague. A wave of grief hit me as I headed home - just everything all at once, and it came out my tearducts like it usually does.

So I took a hot bath & curled up with this guy.



I'm so lucky to have him - he's tremendously entertaining, and I'm so thankful he picked me to go home with at the shelter five years ago. He's been cuddling away my sadness and making me laugh at his crazy antics ever since.



Tuesday, September 27

Today I passed by a graffiti mural that read, "The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace" (Carlos Santana).

The most valuable possession is an open heart.

I am grateful to notice these reminders everywhere, to see this city with fresh eyes as I take on a new commute and living in a new (to me!) part of LA.

And I continue to be thankful for my sister, because I know people who haven't hit the jackpot with their siblings, but I hit the tri-state lottery jackpot when it was up past a billion.

No comments:

Post a Comment