Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 82: Omaha


My apologies for the tardiness of some of these posts. My internet connection has been rather spotty. I have been thinking about gratitude, promise!

Today I am grateful for chance encounters. Like seeing this butterfly stop & sit on the windshield of my car while I was parked, waiting for my parents, at the cat kennel in Omaha.

Another delightful chance encounter has been reading Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. Here are some passages that struck a chord with me:

"Life, too, is like that. You live it forward, but understand it backward."

"Departure or imminent death will force you to define your true tastes."

And most importantly:
"Wasn't that the definition of home? Not where you are from, but where you are wanted?" This I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment