Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 64: Gorgeous Memories

Some days are harder than others. On those days, you have to pull memories of beautiful things up and hold on to them. I am grateful that I have so many beautiful memories to choose from on days like today. I take comfort, too, in imagining what is ahead of me. In far more eloquent words than mine, Muriel Barbery writes:

"I have finally concluded, maybe that's what life is about: there's a lot of despair, but also the odd moment of beauty, where time is no longer the same. It's as if those strains of music created a sort of interlude in time, something suspended, an elsewhere that had come to us, an always within never.
Yes, that's it, an always within never.
Don't worry, Renee...From now on, for you, I'll be searching for those moments of always within never.
Beauty, in this world."


With Alex at Berna's wedding, above; her wedding, below.


And Kauai, 2009:



Champasak, Laos, 2008

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?

-Mary Oliver

I will never stop looking for the unexpected, for the beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment