Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 56: Vehicular progress

Today I'm grateful that things are moving forward and falling into place, and I've finally managed to definitively cross some moving prep things off my list, including the car.

After I registered it last week, I discovered I had 10 days to get my new baby inspected. Given my Florida & California travel (rough life, I know), my ten day allotment shrunk to a meager 4 potential days! I got the car inspected yesterday morning, and passed! Hooray for having all the requisite stickers to legally drive my baby in NYC!

I'm glad I didn't wait to buy a car - had I bought something the weekend of the 20th, I would have been slammed getting these technicalities checked off, what with finishing work, Diane and my mom coming, and packing out my apartment. So I am grateful for a sense of completion, in one of the columns on my moving spreadsheet to-do list.

And I have faith the other columns will, ever so slowly, get checked off too.

No comments:

Post a Comment