Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 434-442: Final sentences in a chapter

Day II.69 (434) - Thursday August 23


A treat for myself since I was staying over on the west side...hitting up the Abbott Kinney Intelligentsia. I love this coffee.

Day II.70 (435) - Friday, August 24
Date night at Luna Park! Bonus: my man got me DIY smores for dessert, cause he knows I love 'em.

Day II.71 (436) - Saturday, August 25

My best friend is one of the three most incredible women I know. She is fiercely generous, loyal, and strong. I miss her already, and I cannot express in words how grateful I am that Search brought her into my life a decade ago. I don't think I would have survived without her: then, in the middle, last year, and now. To my dearest friend, I love you - and I look forward to our Skype dates with wine until I can live near you again.

Day II.72 (437) - Sunday, August 26
After the craziness last night, my best friends came over and packed me out. They stayed for leftover tacos! Oh yeah, did I mention my best friend organized a killer goodbye party that involved a TACO CART? Pretty hard to top that.

Day II.73 (438) - Monday August 27
My work threw me a goodbye lunch and I got to pick the place, so I picked Mas Malo (no more of these awful seafood places where I have to plug my nose the whole time, no!). I had the ground beef and pickle tacos and Echo Park elote. So incredibly delicious, even if the 75+ year old founder of the Center pronounced the menu "challenging!"

Day II.74 (439) - Tuesday, August 28
Last time up the Culver City stairs. I will never get over the view from the top, and these mountains in this desert that I love.

Day II.75 (440) - Wednesday, August 29
I am slowly making progress, day by day, one step closer to finishing out this job and this apartment and this chapter of my life. Each moment carries me farther, if I am patient enough to see the process.

Day II.76 (441) - Thursday, August 30
Salvation Army, movers come and gone. I can't believe I'm leaving my little Airdrome sanctuary.  So grateful for my time here.

Day II.77 (442) - Friday, August 31




 People Who Make My Life Incredible and Whom I Love More Than Anything, Volume I. And yes, there were flaming margaritas and gringo Mexican food consumed in honor of my final night in Los Angeles (this go 'round).

My heart overflows.

No comments:

Post a Comment