Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 443 - 448: Los Angeles to Chicago

Day II.78 (443) - Saturday, September 1
Thank god for Bernadette. Again. Thank god. 
Los Angeles, California to Salina, Utah
A new month, a new life, a new project underway...what a lovely view from the last morning in California (for a while, at least!)


And at the end of the day, the Arizona/Utah border...



Day II.79 (444): Sunday, September 2
Safe passage from Salina, Utah to Cheyenne, Wyoming


 Good morning, Utah!

 Central Utah...



Where are we now? Oh lordy.

Wyoming...big sky country for reals.

Sunset over Wyoming. Big sky country don't mess around with sunsets - this was one of the most spectacular & stunning nightfalls I've ever lived through.



Day II.80 (445): Monday, September 3
Cheyenne, Wyoming to Omaha, Nebraska

And a homecooked meal. YES!

Day II.81 (446): Tuesday, September 4
Omaha, Nebraska to Chicago, Illinois
The inexplicable road tripper's pleasure of finally seeing your destination on the sign:



Picnic tabletop in Iowa

Welcome to Illinois!
Check out my new digs:





 Pretty sweet! Shirts for sale at my new local coffee shop:


Day II.82 (447) - Wednesday, September 5
So Leslie and I took care of ourselves today by going to the Art Institute and play in downtown Chicago. After all that time in the car, it felt so great to not be traveling and to walk around on a glorious late summer day.





 Day II.83 (448) - Thursday, September 6
Got my WildCard at Northwestern today, so I'm officially a Wildcat! Until 2017. Goodness. Went for a run by the lake. I never thought a lake could be as blue as Lake Michigan was today. I'm so excited to learn this city.


As I was running, I was mentally linking the path I was on against the map in my head. I knew there'd be an overlook where you should be able to see the city skyline. I started to run faster - instinctively, as I got closer, I knew it was coming, I could feel somehow something exciting was just around the curve.

And there was.

I am so profoundly grateful to be here, in this moment, in this now. I am so profoundly grateful for my LA community, for my home. I am so profoundly grateful for what is coming: for the friendships I have, for the man I can't get enough of, for the studies I'm undertaking, for the community I'm growing here. I must truly be the luckiest girl in the world. And I'm enjoying it. This life is so full of goodness, and I want to honor that.

No comments:

Post a Comment