Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

On the Road Again...Chicago to Colorado

Sunday, Sept 16 - Day II.93 (458)
 Safe travels today from Chicago to Omaha, Nebraska. This country has some serious prairie in the middle, and a lot of space. This whole "amber waves of grain" thing is pretty beautiful.

Monday, Sept 17 - Day II.94 (459)
 Today I cut across Nebraska and then down through Kansas to Colorado.
 I spent the night with my dear friend Kim from high school. Her husband made us strawberry margaritas and let us watch girly tv - what a great guy!
I am grateful for a few moments stolen with an old friend to catch up.
Tuesday I'll drive on to New Mexico. As I came to central Colorado, the land starts turning familiar and I can feel the excitement in my blood. That's one of the reasons that I love driving instead of flying - you can see the land change. You understand the terrain, how things melt together and evolve gracefully. I can feel New Mexico coming - every time I come to this place, I am draw, it's magnetic. This place is holy holy ground for me, this place is home, this place is a piece of my soul. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment