Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 417 - 423: Chicago Part II, the part before permanent

Day II.52 (417): Monday, August 6, 2012
The last weeks of riding my bike to work and swimming the beautiful USC mosaic pool!
I can't help but remember how I didn't want to swim in this pool to begin with...makes me wonder what delights are in store for me if I can just accept them!


Day II.53 (418): Tuesday, August 7, 2012
I have faith, this is going to be ok.


Day II.54 (419): Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Good thing I remembered my meditation beads.

Day II.55 (420): Thursday, August 9, 2012
I woke up today to the best news via email a girl with a hardcore crush can get. And then I found a lucky penny in the shower. All signs pointed to a great day!

And then I found it. The perfect adorable apartment for Ruby and me.

And tonight I realized something beautiful and huge. I was so anxious. I've never been rejected when applying for apartments, not once. But I was so anxious about this. As I lay in my bed at the flat where we're staying (and when I say flat I am describing its character as well as the noun referring to apartment), I realized - I need to come from a place of abundance. I had seen at least two viable alternatives if this fell through. And in reality, the universe has been so good to me this year. Why would I not trust the bounty and goodness of the world?

I swear, as soon as I let go of these fears I held so deeply, as soon as I let go of this thing I needed to let go of, and just started to trust - just jumped into the big blue yonder - since then, everything has lined up perfectly. I have received blessings more beautiful and amazing and touching and real than I could ever have imagined.

Trust in the abundance and beauty of the world. This is the lesson here. So I trust that this place I want to live in, it will come to me. And if not, then there is something else equally wonderful in store for me.

Day II.56 (421): Friday, August 10, 2012
And then we got the apartment. Like I said, trust in the bounty of the world.
Also, thank goodness for the self-awareness and knowing what I need to get my head right. Last night I made the parents drive me to Target to buy some cheap running shoes so I could hit the lake shore. Amazing how an hour to yourself with some headphones, pushing yourself, can get your head straightened out.
 
Day II.57 (422): Saturday, August 11, 2012

What else would Harringtons do in a major city with the day off?
If you guessed, "Hit a museum ten minutes after they open their doors," you'd be correct.
Clearly, I come by this honestly.
These, among other delights that will give you goosebumps, are at the Art Institute of Chicago. Can I tell you how excited I am to come back here again and abuse my AAM nerdpass?


I've never seen a Mondrian like this. So incredible!

This is one of my favorite paintings, in the entire world, by one of my top three favorite painters. And I got to see it today in real life! 

I loved the lotus detail in the palm...

Marc Chagall's America Windows. No one, I mean no one, does blue like Chagall.

I asked my mom to get a pic of my dad & me. This is what we got :)

My parents at Anish Kapoor's Cloud Gate (or, The Bean)

Day II.58 (423): Sunday, August 12, 2012
So many things painful - so many things in life that just sting at the surface...and how difficult to learn to let them go.

Thankful for a safe trip home, however delayed.

"But if these years have taught me anything it is this: you can never run away. Not ever. The only way out is in."  
                                   -- Junot Diaz

Oh god. So true. So true.

Thankful for a safe trip home, however delayed. Hey, it gave me a chance to finish The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.  The only way out is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment