Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 414-416: Going Nowhere and Getting Somewhere

Day II.49 (414) - Friday, August 3, 2012

“There are no new truths, but only truths that have not been recognized by those who have perceived them without noticing.”
-Mary McCarthy


Day II.50 (415) - Saturday, August 4, 2012
If you are making your journey in a hurry, you are making it poorly. 
-Tea Obreht

The Bridge to Nowhere hike, another item on my LA bucket list, was successfully crossed off today. It was definitely not a speedy journey, all ten miles of it, but it was so incredibly beautiful. And there is nothing to compare to the simple delight of jumping into a cool pool of water on a hot summer day.



Day II.51 (416) - Sunday, August 5, 2012
I am grateful for love. I spent today's meditation thinking about being a place to receive love gracefully.

I can give it, because giving love, to me, involves no vulnerability. If the love is unreciprocated, then it's on the other person, it is not shameful for me.

But can I receive it? Gracefully? This acceptance involves a vulnerability that I can't quite explain or put my finger on. Perhaps it is a fear of dependence. I want to be able to accept love.

No comments:

Post a Comment