Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 45: Catch-22 of Life



Today while I was walking home from the gym it was pouring rain, but the sun was busting out, steaming, from behind the clouds. It was a sunny rain.

This contradiction reminded me of Catch-22, which I just finished reading ("There was only one catch, and that was Catch-22"). Heller's play on the ridiculousness of bureaucracy, war, government, and human attempts at logic in general are amusing, bittersweet, painful, and hysterical simultaneously. It's the old adage that you get what you want (or need) after you give it up, no longer need it. It's an Alanis Morrisette song, too (although that reference dates me). I am grateful for these little eccentricities, and I have to laugh at them and love them. I am grateful just to notice them, to be an observer.

No comments:

Post a Comment