Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 36: Vietnam Things

My French press broke, and I am in the process of purchasing a new one. So this morning, with no coffee-making apparatus to be found functioning in my apartment, I had the lucky excuse to walk five blocks to Cafe Savoy (45th at 4th Ave, Brooklyn). Savoy is a Vietnamese coffee shop, with all kinds of tasty treats waiting for me to consume them. I ordered my favorite, the delicious Vietnamese iced coffee, which comes in a spill-proof and cutely decorated cup.



I also love my red flats I bought in Vietnam, so in honor of my Vietnamese nostalgia today, I wore them.


(As proof they came from Hanoi, I offer photographic evidence of me trying them on in Hanoi.)


I am grateful for having been to Vietnam a few years ago - I recognize that any travel is a profound gift - and I'm grateful to have a (caffeinated) taste of Vietnam here in Brooklyn, and Vietnam under my feet whenever I choose!



No comments:

Post a Comment