Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 26

Reflecting on 25 days of gratitude, I have to admit it's actually become harder than I thought. I am trying not to repeat myself, and I find that I am routinely grateful for things like seeing the Brooklyn Bridge when I go over the bridge on the train, flowers, sunny days, any conversations I get with my friends (or pictures of their adorable babies via MMS), the joy of cooking my own dinner or a good glass of wine, and anything vaguely related to my cats. These are the things I routinely find joy in and look for throughout the day - and I'm finding it difficult at times to shift my thinking and look for other things, go outside my comfort zone, push a bit.



Today I am grateful for a sense of productivity. I went through financial documents since 2006 and shredded a bunch of the stuff I don't need anymore, condensing a file drawer down to one accordion folder. This resulted in six bags of shreddings! I feel purged, light. Unfortunately this killed my poor little shredder, after three overheating episodes. RIP Staples MiniMate Shredder - you were just not quite shredder enough to meet my paper-hoarding tendencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment