Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 349 - 353: Seattle Redux

Tuesday, May 29 - Day 349

A week of working in Seattle.
Ce qu'elle aime: c'est craquer la crème brulée avec sa cuillère.

 Wednesday, May 30 - Day 350
 
 The forest and gardens around Willows Lodge are beautiful. They make for a lovely sanity break during the work conference. I'm so grateful for the tiniest amount of beauty in my day.

My sister, cousin and her partner and I had dinner together. It was quite lovely to be together!


Thursday, May 31 - Day 351



 

“To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life.”
-Robert Louis Stevenson



 Friday, June 1 - Day 352


 One of my favorite food places ever is Baguette Box. This Friday, I got to have a delicious Baguette Box sandwich and truffle fries.
 And then a Bauhaus coffee!
 My sister, cousin and I spent the afternoon at the Seattle Art Museum checking out the new Ancestral Modern: Aboriginal Australian art exhibition. Then we caught up for happy hour with Athena.
 I had such a lovely day visiting favorite old haunts in Seattle and catching up with loved ones and friends. I'm grateful for regaining a piece of my lost history today.


Saturday, June 2 - Day 353
 I spent the afternoon walking around Golden Gardens Park in Seattle. I love the water, coastlines, beachcombing, waves, earth, the liminal zones and spaces of crossing between earth, sky, sea.
 Check out the lobster claw!

“For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), 

It's always ourself we find in the sea.”
-e.e. cummings


No comments:

Post a Comment