Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 342-348: New York State of Mind

Tuesday, May 22 - Day 342
Last day in the office for a bit. Thank goodness I get to go to New York! I've missed it. Landed in one of the five boroughs by midnight.

Wednesday, May 23 - Day 343
Today brought many blessings! A morning run in Prospect Park, for one.
 Then there was lunch at Bierkraft with Emile.
 And catching up with Nadia G, Greta, and then having a delightful dinner in Long Island City with Jailee and Niko. The view wasn't bad - this city is one of the greatest places I know.



Thursday, May 24 - Day 344
 Today was another yummy lunch - BBQ chicken sandwich at Roots Cafe in Brooklyn. So good.
 One world, one unity! And an engaging dinner with my Arabic professor and his wife in Westchester.

Friday, May 25 - Day 345

 I made a new friend today. His name is Leander. I also got to hang out for real with his aunt, one of my bffs, Norah. It took us a few go-rounds to get the pictures right. I have been very blessed in my friendships!




 I'm so grateful to have visited old friends including Chris, Laura, Pam, Jahi and Emile tonight!





Saturday, May 26 - Day 346

This afternoon I went to the NMAI. It's a great museum and they had a fascinating exhibition on cultural artifacts so I nerded out a bit, which I always appreciate. Once I get my thoughts in order I'll post them over at SalonAnthro

Norah and I had dinner at Toby's Public House. Local, Brooklyn, wood-fired pizza - I savored every bite!










Sunday, May 27 - Day 347
 I've been hanging out with this little cutie, Turk, to help out Jailee and Niko. Adorable. Pets are the best!

 I don't even know where to start with this one! Queens is the most diverse city in the US. Proof is in the ...pudding. Or browni. I love the feeling of foreign ground - even if I'm still in the US!

Norah and I left Long Island City for Brooklyn, but first we stopped for a visit to MoMA's PS1. PS1 is one of the city's oldest contemporary art institutions, and cleverly housed in an old school (hence the PS, public school). I loved these beautiful, simple and elegant installations in the hallways/stairwells. Proof beauty can be anywhere.




I saw this great graffiti: no tengo $ pero tengo amor. If you have amor, aren't you really wealthy?
 We had a girl's night on Norah's patio - great to catch up with my girlfriends!
NY attitude - love it!


Monday, May 28 - Day 348
Today I'm grateful for safe travels to Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment