Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 317 - 320: Decide what to be and go be it

Day 317 - Friday, April 27, 2012

“One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself.”
-Leonardo da Vinci

 

I feel finally, and for the first time, like I truly own myself.


I am so grateful for that.

Also, I feel deeply validated today: what you put out into the world, what you are open to - it finds you.


Day 318 - Saturday, April 28, 2012
 My friends Shane & Jesse surprised me with this gorgeous Le Creuset dutch oven. I'd be lusting after one, wanting to get one before my impending move to Chicago (where stews and soups will be critical for surviving the Midwest winters). It's such a beautiful piece, and adds to my existing Le Creuset hoard. Thank you, Shane & Jesse, for adding to my collection so that I will think fondly of you every time I use this, nourishing my body and my heart!

I have noted on this blog so many times how grateful I am for my community of friends. I'm so grateful I went to Seattle U. I am so grateful I have friends like I do: Berna & Becky, Alex & Stephen, Leslie, Norah, Shane & Jesse, Laura G, Katharine...technically I consider my sister and my cousin my friends too. I feel so blessed to have people who show up for me, consistently, and I take it as a mark of pride to have such incredible friendships. These are in fact my most cherished possessions.


Day 319 - Sunday, April 29, 2012

  Sometimes you just have to go where the wild things are. Truth is, it's a jungle out there. But the secret? You can just dance through it.




Day 320 - Monday, April 30, 2012
Amen.

If you're loved by someone, you're never rejected
Decide what to be and go be it
  -Avett Brothers, Head Full of Doubt

No comments:

Post a Comment