Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 355-359: Return to L.A.

Monday, June 4 - Day 355

My favorite "nephews" are upwardly mobile! I got to visit with them and their parents tonight. Any time I get to hang out with those ladies or cuddle these boys is exceptional.


Tuesday, June 5 - Day 356
This week is our annual sponsor meeting. I will be so grateful when this event has passed - it's been incredibly stressful and heavy at work lately. But there's a light at the end of the tunnel!


Wednesday, June 6 - Day 357
Never fails to amuse, this one. Stealth kitty! "She can't see you if you lay really flat & still..."


Thursday, June 7 - Day 358
The sponsor meeting is over! I know that's cheating as gratitude, because it's a negative, really, and not a positive. But still. I am grateful.


Tonight I went to go see Moonrise Kingdom - what a delightful film. You should go see it. It's quirky and charming and exactly the way life should be.





Friday, June 8 - Day 359

 Today I watered my carrots and realized I needed to tweak the planter a little, the carrots were growing around each other because they were planted too closely together. As I reworked it, I was actually able to harvest some! These are the first of my rainbow carrots - aren't they beautiful? I also have three green chilis from my New Mexico green chili seeds. They are delicious! I love gardening: it requires patience and planning, but the payout is rewarding. I think this is a good lesson for me to begin learning...

 Bitty v. Ginger showdown! The cats are very entertaining.

 First cherries of summer!

The boss gave me the afternoon off so I used it to hike in Griffith Park. It has been a few weeks since I've been around to hike, so I was grateful to see the park with new eyes and enjoy being out in the California desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment