Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 1, Year II

Gratitude, Part II

Day II.1 (366): Friday, June 15, 2012
Things are slowly starting to fall in line for my move. This is gratifying. And slow.

Day II.2 (367): Saturday June 16, 2012
Today I worked on my LA bucket list. I did the Culver City stairs twice. My legs only ached for five days afterwards.
Then I took myself on a date to the Museum of Jurassic Technology. This fascinating little labyrinth of a museum is a complete charmer. I enjoyed my solo self-date and finished up with a cup of tea in the rooftop courtyard, watching the birds, & listening to the man play the accordion.


 Up next on the bucket list: the Gamble House in Pasadena, Joshua Tree, Mt. Wilson Observatory.

Day II.3 (368) - Sunday June 17, 2012


 Sometimes the most beautiful thing is to share a walk with a friend and truly be present with them. So much of the time, we spend time with people or communicate with them without truly listening, without really being present. The greatest gift you can offer someone is your presence. You are the greatest gift you can offer someone.

Day II.4 (369): Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Follow your dreams! The universe is giving you pointers, if you just look for them...

Day II.5 (370): Wednesday, June 20, 2012

 I like this graffiti. It is my aspiration to love wherever I happen to be, by seeing these places for what they are and appreciating their unique characters.

Today I discovered that Northwestern has a sailing center. A sailing center! How great is that. They rent kayaks and stand-up paddleboards to explore Lake Michigan. Now that's something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment