Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Days 403-405: Different kinds of journeys

Day II.38 (403) - Monday, July 23, 2012
Oh, the joy of being at home after a busy weekend away! 
 
Day II.39 (404) - Tuesday, July 24, 2012
I read a great article today about how every woman should travel alone. I found much of it inspiring, and the author echoed a lot of sentiments I felt about traveling alone in Tunisia, Vietnam and Syria.

She closed with this:
"The greatest trip of my life came because I did not get the things I wanted."
    - Sarah Hepola

That's what this year has been -  what a lovely and fulfilling journey I've been on, because I didn't get what I wanted. I got exactly what I was afraid of. And I am unmistakably, profoundly grateful for it.

Day II.40 (405) - Wednesday, July 25, 2012



that secret that we know, that we don't know how to tell, 
i'm in love with your honor
i'm in love with your cheeks


How delightful, delicious and scary the anticipation...I go on an adventure tomorrow, of a completely different kind, that tests the emotional distance I have come this year and the person I am becoming. I remind myself that everything changes and evolves, to accept the beauty of things as they are - and to dive in to the glory of whatever life puts in front of me.

1 comment:

  1. that's a great article! thanks for sharing it. i'll be thinking of you tomorrow! xoxo

    ReplyDelete