Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 376 - 379: Chicago Part One

Day II.11 (376): Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Today I am in Chicago for work. I rode the Metra in from Oak Brook. I got lost in reading David Sedaris' When You Are Engulfed in Flames that I missed my transfer, so I asked the conductor for help. He had one of his regulars walk me to a secondary route. WALK ME. People are so nice here. And how grateful I am for this rescue, in an unfamiliar city as my phone was about to die!

Day II.12 (377): Wednesday, June 27, 2012
If I have to be away from home on a work trip, at least I can swim a mile before work in here.

Day II.13 (378): Thursday, June 28, 2012
If you have to be sick, be sick at a hotel where the shuttle driver will take you to the Walgreen's for free and chat you up about health stuff all the way. People are so nice here. This will take some getting used to.

Day II.14 (379): Friday, June 29, 2012
I am grateful for safe travels home! Even if they are delayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment