Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 309 & 310: the chance for change

Thursday, April 19, 2012
I'm thankful for the blissful feeling of warm late spring air on my arms and legs as I ride my bike home from work.  

Friday, April 20, 2012
Oh good gracious, thank god it's Friday. This week has been excruciating. This week, I learned:
1. I am not as laid-back as I want to be.
2. I still, despite all the work I have done, have a really hard time standing up for myself, whether it's telling someone something they don't want to hear, asking for repayment on money fairly owed to me, or protecting my boundaries and myself at work/not allowing coworkers to blatantly exploit me and my stupid WASP work ethic.
3. Partly related to #2, my integrity costs a lunch. I recently lied for someone because I felt too cruel being honest, and in return for this "favor" of lapsed integrity, I'm being repaid with a lunch. So my integrity costs approximately $15, which seems sadly cheap.

Like I said, this week has been pretty gross. I don't want to get stuck in these feelings and struggles, just pause for a beat to absorb the lessons and then move on to something greater and more positive. I'm grateful for difficult moments and feelings, because they offer me an opportunity to grow and change. After all, you know what they say, if I do the same thing day in and day out and expect different results...

1 comment:

  1. sorry for taking so long to pay you. my lame ass bad.

    ReplyDelete