Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 294: Abundance

for Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Farmer's Market, USC

I've been thinking about abundance a lot lately, perhaps a natural thing in the midst of spring (see above - abundant gorgeous vegetables!).
And at home, my beans and carrots are flourishing. Look how much they've grown!



Remember what they looked like at the beginning of March?

In addition to the flowering in the natural world (yes, even in LA with its perpetual summer), with the outpouring of love and generosity I experienced yesterday on my birthday, abundance is top of mind. I know some people who are struggling with abundance, holding on to opportunities as if they were the last of their kind, rather than believing that life will offer you so many gorgeous things you couldn't possibly even imagine. I touched back to Parker Palmer, who writes, "True abundance comes not to those set on securing wealth but to those who are willing to share apparent scarcity in a way that creates more than enough…true abundance is found not in hoarding but in community."

There is so much to be joyful about, and so much to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment