Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 293: 30

for Monday, April 2

Happy 30th to me!

I'm so grateful for a gorgeous southern California day. The sky was perfectly clear and it was in the 70s. So beautiful!

I'm so grateful to swim outside on my lunch break. I'm grateful that my coworker Elle took me to lunch. I'm grateful for the 100+ birthday wishes I got via Facebook, text message, video message, email and voicemail!

I'm grateful that my bff Alex corralled my best friends for an impromptu, informal bbq in my backyard. Thank you Alex, thank you Berna, thank you Shane, thank you Mike - for making time last minute to come sit in my backyard and share food and laughter. It was magical and wonderful to sit outside under (Berna & Becky's) fairy lights, eat mesquite-grilled turkey burgers, sausage, and veggies, and enjoy Alex's homemade flaming margaritas!

Thanks to Emile, Grandma K, Mary P, Kim, and Katharine for sending me birthday love in the mail. Emile, I love this bike bag, it's radically improving my commute and will be so useful for years to come! Katharine, I'm grateful to have a friend who shares my love of books, and introduces me to new ones. Your gifts are stacked on my nightstand, ready to be devoured!



I'm so lucky, so blessed. I am so thankful for my life.
I am so thankful for this life.

1 comment:

  1. The best birthday gift is the amazing, beautiful contribution to this world that you've been for 30 years. We are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete