Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Days 186 - 188: New eyes

for Saturday, December 17 - Day 186
Today I had a lovely brunch with Shane and then we went to see Hugo. It's a very sweet film, about seeing life and magic through the eyes of a child. Or learning to see life that way again. It's quite beautiful, set in Paris, and celebrates the joy of creation, youth, and love. It reminded me to always look for the beauty, to celebrate and cherish the small things. Love always peeks through, somehow.

Update: 2/3 PhD applications submitted!


for Sunday, December 18 - Day 187
Six miles in Griffith Park again! My calves are thanking me (well, that's what we'll call it).

And, special bonus, I got to spend the evening with my favorite squeezables up in Pasadena. Triple bonus: my babysitting allowed the adorables' parents to go on a date. I am happy to support their love and their marriage in this way - this is a gift I can give them. Everyone wins!

for Monday, December 19 - Day 188
One more day in the (an?) office in 2011...this year might actually die after all. As I am finding happens often in the winter, the seed of next season's hope is already starting to push its way to the surface - where it will inevitably bloom. This year has been one of brutally hard but such necessary learning. My perception of the world, and myself, has inevitably shifted. Good things are growing. I might just be ready to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment