Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day Four & Five (Traveling) Joint Post - but lots of gratitude!


photo from jrodmanjr on flikr

Because I have been traveling, I am posting double days - I actually wasn't on my computer at all yesterday. It was quite lovely.

Yesterday: I am thankful for Leslie, Alex, Berna, Maegan, Becky, Stephen, Vernon, Lucas & Nolan. I am thankful for Leslie who drove me to LA because it was what I needed to do and because we got to talk to each other the whole way.

I am thankful for Alex and Berna because they have been my best friends for so long, who show no signs of flagging, who love me for who I am, and who support me fully, wholly, completely.

I am thankful for Maegan, who is a lovely friend, and who continues to amaze me with her quiet laughter and generous spirit.

I am thankful for Becky and Stephen, because they love Berna and Alex respectively, are solid partners to them, and make my dear friends happy.

I am thankful for Lucas and Nolan, Berna and Becky's sons, because Berna and Becky are exactly the kind of people who should be having kids.

I am thankful for Vernon, who I have known forever, but who I have gotten to know more in recent years and I am enjoying our friendship so much. Some people are just really good souls, and Vernon is one of these.

I am thankful and grateful and completely love the family that I have chosen.

For today:
The picture above is where Leslie and I went running today. I am grateful for long runs in the sunshine with my dear friend. And most importantly I am grateful for mild California temperatures and no East Coast humidity.

I am also thankful for the family I was born into - namely my dad (Happy Father's Day). My dad is brilliant, funny, and the kindest man I know. I love you Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment