Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 15: When the Storm Breaks

Today is the first day I've really struggled to come up with some gratitude. Not surprising given the events of the day, but I'm disappointed in myself.

I guess what I do have to be grateful for is that the humidity finally broke. Which reminds me, if I am wise enough to listen, that all storms break at some point. All humidity breaks. The worst things we go through do not go on forever; they just seem interminable as we are wrestling through them.

Hemingway said, "The world breaks all of us, and afterwards, some are stronger at the broken places." A broken place is a place where growth is possible.

I am thankful for the cracks, and the breaks, because they mark endings. But they also mark beginnings, and give us a tiny space to grow from - if we're just tenacious enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment