Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

Experiments in Cooking: Citrus Chicken with Lime/Mint Vermicelli





E & I have been trolling our way through the Australian Women's Weekly: Cheap Eats cookbook that his mother sent us from Down Under. I recently attempted to make citrus chicken with vermicelli, lime and mint salad. The recipe consists of marinating the chicken in lemon juice, marmalade and spicy Thai chilies, and serving it on a salad made of cold vermicelli noodles, lime leaves, and cucumbers tossed with lemon juice.




I couldn't find any marmalade so I used apricot jam, which may have cut the spicy flavor a little bit. If I were to attempt this again, I'd make the chicken super spicy (read: go to Whole Foods or Fairway Market and buy some chilies especially). The lemon, cucumber and mint vermicelli salad is delicious and refreshing; this is a great recipe for summer nights. It's fairly easy to make - it takes about an hour, between marinating the chicken, baking it, and then boiling the noodles and cooling them.

No comments:

Post a Comment