Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Days 243 - 253: Notes from the Field

For Sunday, February 12 - Wednesday, February 22

So first, I apologize for being very behind. But I hope I can offer so much goodness and gratitude to make up for my incredible tardiness. And in my defense, I had to travel to Chicago for crazy stressful interviews, I was sick, I have jury duty, and my grandmother is on her deathbed.

Last week (February 13 - 15), I was in LA and I really valued being able to take some time to process what was happening. I appreciate the ability and the discipline of learning to make time for myself, whether that be swimming in the rain because I needed time to think and meditate and exert myself, or sitting in an intensive meditation the night before I went to Chicago to really sit with and own myself prior to such an important and influential, pivotal, life-changing experience.

In Chicago, I was delighted to meet some new friends and fellow travelers. I was drawn to their stories and their work, and so ecstatic to be on the road with these people in the fall - to be able to get to know them better as I embark down a new road.

And as always, I am excited for the culinary possibilities of a new place!


I had a really great time poking around at the Field Museum. Curator Alaka Wali let us poke around the anthropology collections room, relatively unsupervised! More photos coming, when my phone starts working. I can't wait to start working with the collection!


I am also incredibly grateful to receive an offer from Northwestern. I have worked for this for so long. And I am proud of what I have accomplished, happy to be where I am and beginning this next phase, and looking forward to what's around the curve.

And yesterday, Day 252, my cousin David became a father. Welcome to this gorgeous crazy life, little Annabella!

I also came across this gorgeous project, which I thought you'd like:

Seconds Of Beauty - 1st round compilation from The Beauty Of A Second on Vimeo.



And I leave you with this:
"Human felicity is produced not so much by great pieces of good fortune that seldom happen, as by little advantages that occur every day."
— Benjamin Franklin

May your days be filled with moments of beauty, and your eyes anointed to truly see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment