Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Days 233 - 235: Swimming, roasted peppers and Ballona

Day 233 - February 2
Today was a lap-swimming day. I am really enjoying swimming in my new suit that my sister got me for for Christmas, and it has been inspiring me. Isn't it crazy how sometimes just a change of appearance or clothing can make you feel so powerful?

Day 234 - February 3
TGIF!
Tonight I visited with my dear friend Berna and I made a really great new recipe for dinner. We had pasta with roasted peppers and sausage. It was so delicious. I was pretty excited about how it turned out, and how amazing and wonderful roasted peppers taste just from sitting under the broiler for 20 minutes. We'll be doing that again soon!

Day 235 - February 4
Today my new friend Amy and I biked the Ballona Creek Bike path from its start in Culver City out to Playa Del Rey. In total it was 20 miles.



Not bad, huh?
This is going to be a new weekend activity! Next time I'll take my suit and a picnic for lunch at the beach. I'm grateful too to make a new friend - I met Amy through a friend, and she also went to Seattle U. Amy is also into trying stand-up paddleboarding, surfing, more biking, and all sorts of outdoors activities, so I'm really stoked to have found a new friend to get out and enjoy California together.

No comments:

Post a Comment