Search This Blog

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Summer Fieldwork

It has been a while...what can I say? Graduate school is ...time-consuming, among other choice adjectives and adverbs.

I think it's fair to say that I've concluded the Gratitude Project. It was an incredible and powerful experience, and I have a lurking suspicion that I will return to it in the future. Being grateful is a good exercise!

For now, though, I close the Gratitude Project, and as the title of the blog suggests, move on to summer fieldwork. I'll be traveling to Oman, Jordan, and the UAE over the next two and a half months. I'll be studying Arabic, going on vacation with my boyfriend, and then starting to have conversations - and actually do the research - that I've been thinking about doing since early in my MA career (2008! FIVE years ago!). I hope you'll join me on this journey, too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for this new adventure! Get ready, Oman, you're about to be taken by storm. Love you, schwesty!

    ReplyDelete