Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Food Review: Delicias Mexicanas

I am apparently expanding the reach of my restaurants. Having recently begun working in Harlem, I decided it was time to sample the delights of Spanish Harlem. A quick troll of blog reviews and Yelp told me to try Delicias Mexicanas.

Walking over from my office, I realized when I crossed Lexington that I went from Harlem to Spanish Harlem. Delicias Mexicanas is located just south of the 116th stop on the 6 train, with a clean, pleasant seating area decorated with tans with plastic plants. Their menu is extensive, from the standard burrito and taco to huaraches, birria, and flautas. I sampled the al pastor taco, which is strongly flavored with pineapple, and the carne enchilada. These are served with chopped fresh cilantro and onion on small corn tortillas. They make excellent fresh guacamole that holds true to the flavor of the avocado, and red (very spicy) and green (milder but not mild) salsa. On the whole, Delicias Mexicanas is very good, although I remain partial to my neighborhood taquerias.

Also recommended: eat-in restauarant, rather than getting takeaway. All the savory juices make your taco shell soggy by the time you finally get to devour it.



Delicias Mexicanas
3rd Avenue between 115th and 116th
Manhattan, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment