Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

This is what it means to say January


Ski slope, December, Bolton Valley, VT

What we call the beginning is often the end
And to make and end is to make a beginning.
The end is where we start from...

--TS Eliot - from Four Quartets, "Little Gidding," part V

Another year behind me, a year older: I finished a master's degree, got engaged to a man I dearly adore, and lived in one apartment (this is a big deal for me). On a more pedantic note, I found a job in a tough economy, and make enough to make some loan payments and even buy some groceries. I watched dear friends move forward too, becoming lawyers, parents, or spouses.

I am very lucky.

But more hard work ahead, and some resolutions scribbled in a journal, reminiscent of Eliot, yet again:

A condition of complete simplicity
(Costing not less than everything)


My hopes for 2011 is to reduce, simplify, more honesty...there will be some changes coming to the blog, in support of this move. Stay tuned, faithful (8) readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment