Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Experiments in Cooking: Cabbage and Chicken Soba Salad

RealSimple has yet to let me down. In my quest to find summer dinners that require little cooking and not a lot of time and effort in an oven-like kitchen, I stumbled upon a recipe for Chicken and Cabbage Soba Salad.




The salad is delicious, slightly tangy and very easy to make. It's fresh cabbage, soba noodles, green onions with chicken in a sauce that's equal parts soy sauce and rice vinegar (white vinegar is an acceptable substitute). Although the recipe calls for 3 tbsp of canola oil, 3 is really too much so I amended (my second go-round) to 1 tbsp and it was perfect. It's very fresh and crisp, with the crunch of the cabbage, the zing of the green onions, and the sweet-saltiness of the soy sauce and vinegar on the noodles. I introduced it to the ladies at work as part of our lunch co-op, and they liked it too. My coworker and friend Colleen admitted to me that she had made herself twice over the weekend after we had it! If that's not a good recommendation...don't know what else could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment