Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saturday Surfing & La Isla for Sunday brunch







Saturday e and I went out to Rockaway Beach at 90th so he could grab some waves. I read James Clifford on the beach. Such is my life!

Sunday for brunch we tried a place called La Isla here in Sunset Park. Every time I walk past, I can barely see through the steamed-up windows but there are consistently folks in there eating (a good sign!) So today, we tried it. It's Puerto-Rican/Dominican food: lots of fried meats, with fried vegetables, and hearty soups. Delicious, and affordable. My chicken sandwich was $4.00, and amazingly tender. We also ordered tostones, and tried a different flavor each of their 7 types of fresh fruit juice!

La Isla
5th Avenue between 50th & 49th, Brooklyn, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment